Thursday, December 4, 2008

John's California Trip Report

Day 1:

I was excited and happy to go on a plane. There were little TVs and I had a bag full of toys, so it was kind of fun, especially at the bumpy parts.

Our hotel by Disneyland had a water park right in it, called Pirate's Cove. There was this bell and when it rang a huge bucket of water dumped down. There was a ship and water blasters too. It may be the most fun water park I've ever been to.

Day 2, Disneyland:
My first day at Disneyland was awesome. There was a giant Christmas tree. The first ride I went on was Jungle Cruise. There were animatronic animals that you could see on both sides of the boat. There was a sign that said how many crocodiles there were. My favourite ride was the Indiana Jones one. It was amazing! There was even an animatronic Indy!
I got picked to be in the Jedi Academy Training show. I fought Darth Maul. It was awesome!

A lot of kind people tried to make it safe for us at Disneyland.

Day 3, Disneyland:
We went on a bunch of rides that Mom wanted to go on. Peter Pan's Flight was her favourite. I was kind of tired that morning, so we went back to the hotel for a rest.
At night we went to Disney again. It was awesome at night.


Day 4:
We played at Pirate's Cove for a long time. We went to La Jolla.


Day 5:
The first time I went to the ocean I thought it was peaceful. I liked the soft, warm sand. My brother and I dug a deep hole. We collected seashells.


Day 6:
We went to the Birch Aquarium. My favourite thing was watching the giant octopus.


Day 7, Sea World:
We touched bat rays! They felt soft. We touched sharks! They were Epaulette and white spotted and brown banded bamboo sharks. If you touched them one way they were soft and the other way they were rough. I fed dolphins and sea turtles. I also saw a walrus.



Day 8, Legoland:
It was awesome! They made a life size Lego car, an Indiana Jones and a Chewbacca. I loved the Bionicle room, the Bionicle ride and the bulk Lego store. I had the tastiest fries I've ever tasted at Castle Burger.




Day 9:
We went on a hike at Torrey Pines State Reserve.

We drove to LA, we met my mom's friend. She was nice.

Day 10:
It was long. I was tired. I wanted to go home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John. The pictures are awesome. The comments were great. Wish we were there. We saved all the pictures for our album. I bet you are glade to be home. Bye for now.

Gramps and Grams(G)

Teenager said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip! And thanks for posting the pictures and writing about your vacation! It feels like I was there!
Love Teenager

Anonymous said...

hey long time no see and i see you had a lovely time by the way it's me otto and me and my family miss you.