Wednesday, April 2, 2008

We Went to the Zoo

One time we went to the zoo and we didn't see a crocodile, but 2 days ago at the zoo we did see a crocodile. The crocodile was my favourite part. I liked it better than the tigers. It was a dwarf crocodile, so it was about as long as me. There were 2 and they were snuggled together. The zookeeper said that they had nice, placid personalities. She said they used to have an alligator, but it was MEAN!!!!


Mom's favourite part was a python taking a bath and the snowy owls. Trevor liked watching the baby turtle swim. Dad's favourite was the turtle rescue. A turtle got stuck on his back, and a different turtle was stuck by a rock. A crowd of people were watching and worried about the turtles. A zookeeper came and rescued the turtles. We clapped.

We are going back to the zoo on Sunday to see the crocodiles being fed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John. The crocodiles are really cute. I bet they could bite your finger if you got too close!! Sounds like even the small ones were pretty big if they were as long as you are tall. Have to be careful around them. The turtles were probably cute on their backs with their legs squiggling. Glad the zoo keeper "rescued" them. The python was probably also quite big. They all sound like fun(from behind a fence or cage). Have fun on Sunday.

Grams and Gramps

Teenager said...

Hi John,
Wow, I can't believe you like crocodiles! You are one brave dude! But you really like dinosaurs too. I prefer cats and dogs!
I hope you had a good week off from school and I'm glad I got to see you!
Love and miss you lots
Teenager